Implementing OTM's Dock Scheduling solution for the world largest beverage manufacturer with the goals of reducing detention charges and enabling carriers to select pickup appointments based on individual plant operations in a time booking model (instead
of a traditional resource scheduling model).
Dock Scheduling typically is used as resource scheduling tool. This session highlights how OTM's Dock Scheduling functionality can be used as effective time booking tool.
In his presentation, Deepak will go through the following topics:
1. How to estimate the number of time slots required for a plant
2. How to restrict resources available per time period
3. How to dynamically increase and decrease availability
4. Grouping LTL shipments under common slots
5. Using a custom workbench to simplify operations
5. Enabling pilot go lives for a limited set of carriers
6. Challenges faced